2020-2021 Tryout Process Information
USAV Return to Play Guidelines
*Upon entering the facility, all parents, players and staff must wear a mask
*Players will wash/sanitize thier hands
*After check in, parent must leave the facility and remain outside until tryouts are over
Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club was founded in 1998 by Laurie Bruscato to establish and develop a year-round club volleyball program that focuses on training and building elite volleyball athletes of all ages. We are conveniently located in the east Dallas area.
The North Texas Region adopted a new tryout process last season that will continue take effect this year. Please review the FAQ section for an explanation of the new rules as well as clarification of frequently asked questions.
Below is a list of commonly asked questions regarding our club teams and the tryout process for the 2019-2020 club season.
When are Tryouts?
The Evaluation Window for the upcoming USAV season shall start on:
|Age||Evaluation Window||Acceptance Date|
|15-18’s||July 25- August 1||August 2nd|
|10-14’s||August 8-15||August 16th|
What Are Tryout Clinics?
These are events held during the official evaluation window set by North Texas Region Volleyball. These events serve the purpose of evaluating athletes for next seasons teams.
Non-binding verbal offers for specific teams can be extended to ALL players and parents during these events regardless of last season’s club affiliation.
When Can I Officially Sign With Dallas Starlings?
Club directors may make binding offers on the official acceptance dates
- 15-18’s on or after August 2nd
- 10-14’s on or after August 16th
What Types Of Teams Do We Offer?
We offer two types of teams for the 2020-2021 Club season. Team Classifications:
- (BL/WHT) Blue/White: Blue teams are a scaled down version of our Black/Elite Teams. Teams will practice once a week with only local tournaments around the DFW Metroplex. The time and financial commitment is lower with 5-6 tournaments in the metroplex and a smaller uniform package
- (BLK/ELT) Black/Elite: Black teams will focus heavily on continued skills development and cohesive team play. Teams will practice twice a week with only local tournaments around the DFW Metroplex.
- (N) National: National teams are designed for the more committed and competitive athletes. They will have the same practice schedule as regional teams but will have 1-3 out of state travel tournaments.
What Is My Age Group?
2020-2021 USAV AGE DEFINITIONS
New Age Divisions for USA Volleyball. See the pic below to determine your age division. We will abide by the age division, but you can play with your friends and grade level. You can also access the age definition chart here: http://www.oasyssports.com/uploads/clubs/Dallasstarlings/2021_age_definition1.pdf
2020 - 2021 USAV AGE DEFINITIONS
18 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002 or are high school students in the twelfth (12th) grade or below during the current academic year and are 17 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003
16 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004
15 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005
14 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006
13 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2007
12 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2008
11 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2009
10 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2010
What Are The Club Season Dues?
- Club Fees will begin August upon the Acceptance Fee; then members will have options to pay in full or monthly payments.
- Rest assured with Dallas Starlings VBC, you will be repaid your fees if we do not have a season due to the pandemic; fees will be paid to coaches for time worked, for leadership directors time worked and if uniforms have been screen printed.
What Is Included In The Club Dues?
Included in all teams’ dues:
- Adidas/Under Armour uniform package
- Court fees
- Coaches fees
- Tournament entry fees
- Referee and scorekeeper clinics
- Administration fees
- Recruiting profile **
- Coaches travel expenses**
** not included for all teams
What Is NOT Included In The Club Dues?
Parent and Player understand that the following are NOT INCLUDED in their Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club fees:
- Player and Parent travel expenses associated with tournaments (hotel lodging, airfare, fuel, food)
- Travel to and from practices and tournaments
- USAV and/or AAU player membership fees
- Post-season tournaments
What are Payment Options?
At the time of signing a $600 deposit will be collected. The remaining balance will be divided into 7 equal monthly payments due on the following dates:
- August Acceptance Fee
- Sept 1
- Oct 1
- Nov 1
- Dec 1
- Jan 1
- Feb 1
Player and Parent understand that all payments must be received by Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club on the agreed upon date for the payment to be considered on time. Player and Parent understand there is a $25.00 late fee for any and all monies collected after the agreed upon date.
*Please note that if paying via credit card, there is a 3% service fee added to the total.
What If I Make Payment In Full at Signing?
Payment in Full. If club dues are paid upfront in cash or check, Dallas Starlings will provide 2 free adult Spirit T’s for our player’s parents.