2022-2023 Tryout Process Information
After check in, please leave the facility and remain outside until tryouts are over.
Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club was founded in 1998 by Laurie Bruscato to establish and develop a year-round club volleyball program that focuses on training and building elite volleyball athletes of all ages. We are conveniently located in the east Dallas area.
The North Texas Region adopted a new tryout process last season that will continue take effect this year. Please review the FAQ section for an explanation of the new rules as well as clarification of frequently asked questions.
Below is a list of commonly asked questions regarding our club teams and the tryout process for the 2021-2022 club season.
*Parent's Introduction to Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club
CLICK HERE: > SEE OUR TRYOUT CLINIC DATES
When are Tryouts?
The Evaluation Window for the upcoming USAV season shall start on:
|12s-13s||July 11 - July 14th||5:45-7:45pm||July 17th|
|14s-15s||July 11 - July 14th||5:45-7:45pm||July 17th|
What Are Tryout Clinics?
These are events held during the official evaluation window set by North Texas Region Volleyball. These events serve the purpose of evaluating athletes for next seasons teams.
Non-binding verbal offers for specific teams can be extended to ALL players and parents during these events regardless of last season’s club affiliation.
When Can I Officially Sign With Dallas Starlings?
Club directors may make binding offers on the official acceptance dates
- on or after July 17th
What Types Of Teams Do We Offer?
We offer two types of teams for the 2022-2023 Club season. Team Classifications:
- (BL/WHT) Blue/White: Blue teams are a scaled down version of our Black/Elite Teams. Teams will practice once a week with only local tournaments around the DFW Metroplex. The time and financial commitment is lower with 5-6 tournaments in the metroplex and a smaller uniform package
- (BLK/ELT) Black/Elite: Black teams will focus heavily on continued skills development and cohesive team play. Teams will practice twice a week with only local tournaments around the DFW Metroplex.
- (N) National: National teams are designed for the more committed and competitive athletes. They will have the same practice schedule as regional teams but will have 1-3 out of state travel tournaments.
If you are interested in learning more about our programs please reach out to Laurie Bruscato at Lauriedallasstarlings@gmail.com or 214.641.8811.
What Is My Age Group?
2022-2023 Season Age Definitions
18 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2004 or are high school students in the twelfth (12th) grade or below during the current academic year and are 19 years of age or younger (born on or after July 1, 2003).
17 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1, 2005
16 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1, 2006
15 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1, 2007
14 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1, 2008
13 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1, 2009
12 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1, 2010
11 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1, 2011
10 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1, 2012
9 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1, 2013
What Are The Club Season Dues?
- Club Fees will begin August upon the Acceptance Fee; then members will have options to pay in full or monthly payments.
What Is Included In The Club Dues?
Included in all teams’ dues:
- Uniform package: 2-3 jerseys, tights, warm-up suit, warm-up shirt, shoes, sock, player equipment bag
- Court fees
- Coaches fees
- Tournament entry fees
- Referee and scorekeeper clinics
- Administration fees
- Recruiting profile **
- Coaches travel expenses**
** not included for all teams
What Is NOT Included In The Club Dues?
Parent and Player understand that the following are NOT INCLUDED in their Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club fees:
- Player and Parent travel expenses associated with tournaments (hotel lodging, airfare, fuel, food)
- Travel to and from practices and tournaments
- USAV and/or AAU player membership fees
- Post-season tournaments
What are Payment Options?
At the time of signing a $700 deposit will be collected. The remaining balance will be divided into equal monthly payments due on the following dates; parents can choose the number of months to pay.
- July 17th Acceptance Fee
- Aug 10th
- Sept 1
- Oct 1
- Nov 1
- Dec 1
- Jan 1
- Feb 1
Player and Parent understand that all payments must be received by Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club on the agreed upon date for the payment to be considered on time.
- *Player and Parent understand there is a $25.00 late fee for any and all monies collected after the agreed upon date.
- *Please note that if paying via credit card, there is a 3% service fee added to the total.
What If I Make Payment In Full at Signing?
Payment in Full. If club dues are paid upfront, Dallas Starlings will provide a free adult Spirit T’s for the player’s parent.