2024-2025 Tryout Process Information
After check in, please leave the facility and remain outside until tryouts are over.
Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club is becoming Eastside Athletics VBC founded in 1998 by Laurie Bruscato to establish and develop a year-round club volleyball program that focuses on training and building elite volleyball athletes of all ages. We are conveniently located in the east Dallas area.
The North Texas Region adopted a new tryout process last season that will continue take effect this year. Please review the FAQ section for an explanation of the new rules as well as clarification of frequently asked questions.
Below is a list of commonly asked questions regarding our club teams and the tryout process for the 2023-2024 club season.
When are Tryouts?
The Evaluation Window for the upcoming USAV season shall start on:
**New Tryout Rule Per North TX Region Policy: Any player playing with a club for the 2024-2025 season may accept an offer to play again with that club without going through the tryout process.
What Are Tryout Clinics?
These are events held during the official evaluation window set by North Texas Region Volleyball. These events serve the purpose of evaluating athletes for next seasons teams.
*New Members: Non-binding verbal offers for specific teams can be extended to ALL players and parents during these events regardless of last season’s club affiliation.
*Returning Members: You can accept now to play with us and not have to go through the tryout process.
When Can I Officially Sign With the Dallas Starlings/Eastside Athletics?
Club directors may make binding offers on the official acceptance dates
- July 9th
What Types Of Teams Do We Offer?
We offer four types of teams for the 2024-2025 Club season. Team Classifications:
- Black: Black teams will focus heavily on continued skills development and cohesive team play. Black teams are designed for the more committed and competitive athletes. Black teams will participate in 8-9 tournaments and will have 1-3 in/out of state travel tournaments. The uniform package is the same for all teams.
- Blue: Blue teams are a scaled down version of our Black Teams with a reduced tournament commitment time and reduction in fees. Teams will practice twice a week with local tournaments around the DFW Metroplex and one travel in state tournament. The time and financial commitment is lower with 7 tournaments in the metroplex. The uniform package is the same for all teams.
- White Teams: White Teams will practice twice a week for 1.5 hours each practice and participate in one day tournaments around the DFW metroplex. White teams play in 6 tournaments + Lonestar Classic and have a reduction in fees from Black or Blue teams. The uniform package is the same for all teams.
What Is My Age Group?
2024-2025 Season Age Definitions
What Are The Club Season Dues?
- Club Fees will begin August upon the Acceptance Fee; then members will have options to pay in full or monthly payments. Please contact Laurie or Dani for dues for each team.
What Is Included In The Club Dues?
Included in all teams’ dues:
- Uniform package: 2 jerseys, tights, warm-up suit, warm-up shirt, sock, player equipment bag, shoes will be individually be purchased by each team.
- Court fees
- Coaches fees
- Tournament entry fees
- Referee and scorekeeper clinics
- Administration fees
- Recruiting profile **
- Coaches travel expenses**
** not included for all teams
What Is NOT Included In The Club Dues?
Parent and Player understand that the following are NOT INCLUDED in their Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club fees:
- Player and Parent travel expenses associated with tournaments (hotel lodging, airfare, fuel, food)
- Travel to and from practices and tournaments
- USAV and/or AAU player membership fees
- Post-season tournaments
What are Payment Options?
At the time of signing a $700 deposit will be collected. The remaining balance will be divided into equal monthly payments due on the following dates; parents can choose the number of months to pay.
- July 9th Acceptance Fee
- Aug 1
- Sept 1
- Oct 1
- Nov 1
- Dec 1
- Jan 1
- Feb 1
Player and Parent understand that all payments must be received by Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club on the agreed upon date for the payment to be considered on time.
- *Player and Parent understand there is a $25.00 late fee for any and all monies collected after the agreed upon date.
- *Please note that if paying via credit card, there is a 3% service fee added to the total.
What If I Make Payment In Full at Signing?
Payment in Full. If club dues are paid upfront, Dallas Starlings will provide a free adult Spirit T for the player’s parent.