2019-2020 Tryout Process Information
Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club was founded in 1998 by Laurie Bruscato to establish and develop a year-round club volleyball program that focuses on training and building elite volleyball athletes of all ages. We are conveniently located in the east Dallas area.
The North Texas Region adopted a new tryout process last season that will continue take effect this year. Please review the FAQ section for an explanation of the new rules as well as clarification of frequently asked questions.
Below is a list of commonly asked questions regarding our club teams and the tryout process for the 2019-2020 club season.
Register at Samuel Grand Recreation Desk
When are Tryouts?
The Evaluation Window for the upcoming USAV season shall start on the first day after the last day of competition for all age groups at the USAV GJNC (07/07/19). This window lasts until the Acceptance Date for your age group.
What Are Evaluation Clinics?
These are events held during the official evaluation window set by North Texas Region Volleyball. These events serve the purpose of evaluating athletes for next seasons teams.
Non-binding verbal offers for specific teams can be extended to ALL players and parents during these events regardless of last season’s club affiliation.
When Can I Officially Sign With Dallas Starlings?
Club Directors may make binding offers and may accept any forms of payment on the Acceptance Date.
For 15s, 16s, 17s, & 18s USAV Age Groups, the Acceptance Date shall be no sooner than the third Saturday of July (07/20/19). For all other age groups, the ACCEPTANCE DATE shall be no sooner than the fourth Saturday of July (07/27/19).
- The evaluation process for Club Teams begin July 7th, 2019
- 15’s – 18’s Evaluation window – July 5th- July 20th, 2019 (Acceptance Date)
- 10’s – 14’s Evaluation window – July 5th- July 27th, 2019 (Acceptance Date)
What Types Of Teams Do We Offer?
We offer two types of teams for the 2019-2020 Club season. Team Classifications:
- (BL/WHT) Blue/White: Blue teams are a scaled down version of our Regional Teams. Teams will practice once a week with only local tournaments around the DFW Metroplex. The time and financial commitment is lower with 5-6 tournaments in the metroplex and a smaller uniform package
- (BLK) Black: Black teams will focus heavily on continued skills development and cohesive team play. Teams will practice twice a week with only local tournaments around the DFW Metroplex.
- (N) National: National teams are designed for the more committed and competitive athletes. They will have the same practice schedule as regional teams but will have 1-3 out of state travel tournaments.
What Is My Age Group?
2019-2020 USAV AGE DEFINITIONS
18 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2001, or are high school students in the twelfth (12th) grade or below during the current academic year and are 19 years of age or younger (born on or after September 1, 2001).
- 17 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002
- 16 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003
- 15 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004
- 14 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005
- 13 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006
- 12 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2007
- 11 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2008
- 10 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2009
What Are The Club Season Dues?
These will be announced soon! Check back regularly.
What Is Included In The Club Dues?
Included in all teams’ dues:
- Adidas/Asics uniform package
- Court fees
- Coaches fees
- Tournament entry fees
- Referee and scorekeeper clinics
- Administration fees
- Recruiting profile **
- Coaches travel expenses**
** not included for all teams
What Is NOT Included In The Club Dues
Parent and Player understand that the following are NOT INCLUDED in their Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club fees:
- Player and Parent travel expenses associated with tournaments (hotel lodging, airfare, fuel, food)
- Travel to and from practices and tournaments
- USAV and/or AAU player membership fees
- Post-season tournaments
What are Payment Options?
At the time of signing a $600 deposit will be collected. The remaining balance will be divided into 7 equal monthly payments due on the following dates:
- Sept 1
- Oct 1
- Nov 1
- Dec 1
- Jan 1
- Feb 1
- Mar 1
Player and Parent understand that all payments must be received by Dallas Starlings Volleyball Club on the agreed upon date for the payment to be considered on time. Player and Parent understand there is a $25.00 late fee for any and all monies collected after the agreed upon date.
*Please note that if paying via credit card, there is a 3% service fee added to the total.
What If I Make Payment In Full at Signing?
Payment in Full. If club dues are paid upfront in cash or check, Dallas Starlings will provide 2 free adult spirit T’s for our player’s parents.